Get published on the Ruminate Blog!
Please take a look at some posts here to get an idea of what we're looking for. Currently we are not paying our guest bloggers, however, you will receive a complimentary copy of one of Ruminate's back issues. We are also looking for regular blog columnists. If you are interested in becoming a regular columnist, please note that in your submission.
We welcome submissions by people from all walks of life and from all faith traditions, from seekers and doubters and people exploring the big questions and the human condition.
Ruminate is a nonprofit magazine and online community and our vision is to inspire and nourish the creative and contemplative in all of us. Your submission should be grounded in a contemplative and/or creative posture.
Ruminate Blog Post Submission Guidelines
- The Ruminate Blog publishes posts on topics including (but not limited to):
- thoughts on faith and art
- the writing/artist life
- the contemplative life
- topical issues surrounding art and/or faith (see Sophfronia Scott’s piece: http://www.ruminatemagazine.com/2015/06/for-roxane-gay-notes-from-a-forgiving-heart/)
- narrative/personal essays
- spiritual/contemplative prayer practices
- slowing down and paying attention
- social justice and activism
- ordinary sacredness
- the body
- a short reflection on a favorite poem or quote that inspires or nourishes you
- If you have any photos to include along with the post, please make sure you have permission or that the photo is under the Creative Commons license.
- Submissions should be 1000 words or less.
- Please submit a 100 word or less bio (including relevant publications) and a headshot to be published with your submission if accepted
- Any relevant or helpful links should be included in the body of your submission